- Fri, Apr 19, 2013
- Avondale Brewing Company
- Fundraising - Dinner, Silent Auction
- 201 41st Street South
Birmingham, AL 35222
View Map »
Samples of select brews from Avondale Brewing Company
Wine tastings from Morgan Creek Vineyards, Ozan Vineyard, Rush Wines, and Jennifer Harwell Art & Wine
Delicious food pairings, including a unique spin on s’mores that’ll make you wish you were gathered around a camp fire
Silent auction featuring items from local favorites
Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door.
To purchase tickets: http://www.sagepayments.net/eftcart/products.asp?M_id=915141557463
- Camp Fire USA Central Alabama Council
- Camp Fire
Events: Silent Auction
- Thu, May 3, 2012
- Alagasco Center for Energy Technology
- Celebration, Fundraising - Dinner, Party, Silent Auction
- 20 20th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35205
View Map »
UWYLS created Cooking for a Cause to focus on the issue of childhood obesity and to raise awareness and funding for Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities, a health initiative of United Way of Central Alabama. Cooking for a Cause is an invitation for our community to come see how delicious, practical and wonderful healthy food can be.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Communities is a collaborative effort to fight childhood obesity in Jefferson County. By changing policies and creating healthier environments, we are working with a host of partners to improve nutrition and physical activity for children and their families. Jefferson County is one of 50 communities around the country that was awarded funding to advance this important effort and the funding from Cooking for a Cause will help enhance this important work.
1. Cooking Demonstration + General Admission (Shift 1: arrive at 5:30pm) – $75.00 (USD) Reserved seat in a private cooking demonstration with Chris Vizzina. Includes heavy tastings of each dish, wine pairing, Q&A session with the chef, and recipe to take home, plus General Admission.
2. General Admission – $25.00 (USD) Entry to the event and silent auction, live music, wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, drink tickets.
- United Way of Central Alabama Young Leaders